Patheticattempt
IMPORTANT:Please attune for MC, we are going to be scheduling our first raid this week. See GMotD for info

Additionally, please make sure to read and respond to any private messages you have received during this time!

[Accepted]Safety (frost mage)

Go down

[Accepted]Safety (frost mage)

Post  Sirathis on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:28 am

Character Name:
Safety

Level:

Class:
Mage

Specialization:
Frost / Arcane

Law Clerk

Expand on your talent build(s), gear/stat choices and consumable preferences. Sources of tests and theorycrafting are especially valued here. Also provide links to the talent builds you choose to expand on:
I currently am specced almost fully frost at 2/0/49 for survivability and max slow/freeze for PVP and 5-10 man instances. However, I can respec to raid-ready at a moment's notice: for raid spec I'll be at 10/0/41 to maximize the benefit of clearcasting while retaining the crit% and crit-damage bonuses from frost. As for gear and stat choices: I'm currently rocking 5/8 Magister's and Alanna's Embrace with a couple very weak trinkets. I'll continue running 5mans and ubrs to replace some of my Magister's and my Devout Leggings with the Turban off Drakk and other cloth pieces with more +spell hit, +spell crit, and +spell damage.

Provide a picture of your UI and expand on your choices of addons, keybinds and configuration/disposition:
I'm using Pearl Classic for frames, WIM for tells, AtlasLoot, banknon and bagnon.... However I will also immediately grab both a working dps meter and the KTM Threat Meter, as well as whatever Raid-Assist (Clutch) employs (I believe I used to use CT Raid Assist?).

Computer and internet specifications (this includes relevant clock speeds):

(Running WoW on an old Gateway MX6650)
CPU: 1.86GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) M
GPU: Whatever shoddy-integrated graphics card the MX6650 comes with)
Memory: 1.99GB RAM
Boot Drive/Speed:

Ping: 87ms
Bandwidth Upload:2.47Mbps
Bandwidth Download:1.55Mbps
Wired/Wireless: Wired
Stability: Though this laptop may be aging, I run WoW perfectly smooth and throughout years of raiding/pwning have had no connectivity problems when I'm wired directly into a router.

What is your past PvE experience?
Back in the day during Vanilla retail I raided on a number of different servers, the last being Burning Legion I believe. My first 60 raider was a Mage who I took fully through MC, Onyxia, and World PVE Bosses. After that I had a 60 (Holy) Paladin on another server who I raided with through MC/Onyx/BWL (including getting Nefarian on farm status),ZG,AQ20, (and dabbled in AQ40). After that I raided with a (Holy) 60 Priest who I also took through MC, Onyxia, BWL, ZG, AQ20, AQ40 and world PVE Bosses. I played TBC retail for a period of time as well, also as a 70 Mage; however I did not raid TBC, I ran many 5-10 man groups and mostly PvP'd, especially 2v2 Arena.

What is your past PvP experience?
I've PvP'd a lot through retail at vanilla and TBC... both world pvp and bg: wsg/ab/av including getting exhalted with wsg/av on my Paladin (gotta have that TUF you know). However, I wasn't really competitive on a day-to-day or weekly basis in PVP until TBC where I got very involved in 2v2 Arenas, with my frost mage (partnering with another frost mage or an ele sham) and as warrior (partnering with an unkillable dr00d).

Do you have any other notable gaming experience?
I was very involved in Socom (PS) and Socom 2 (PS2), including playing for a (and for a while THE) top ranked clan on gamebattles.com (Psychophrenia). I was highly competitive in War3 and TFT (even had an account at 95% (19-1)). In D2 and especially D2Xpac I played hardcore only: with chars reaching 70+ (including an 84 meteo sorc) (farming nightmare/hell all day). But the most time I've spent in MMORPGs is definetly with WoW and that information is contained above in the aforementioned PvE/PvP experience answers.

Currently I only play WoW on Q-Gaming, migrated here after Vanilla-Gaming server's population died).

Do you have any experience in leadership or held a role of special responsibility in any type of organization (including other WoW guilds)?
As a holy priest I lead the healing including designating healers as to raid-spot-healing and assigning healers to MT/OT. Although it has been a while since I've set foot in MC, I've spent enough time raiding MC/BWL/AQ20/40/ZG that I understand my role very well and I am sure to familiarize myself with encounters before Raid Time.

Why did you choose Clutch?
Clutch seems to be the top raiding horde guild, I am very very interested in progression and do not wish to wait around for a lesser guild to get all their “ducks in a row” in terms of recruiting and gearing enough other dedicated players so that they have a real shot at raid content progression. Plus I've had good experiences grouping with Clutch members, both instances and PvP (e.g. Myskillkills).

Why should Clutch choose you?
I am a smart and dedicated player. I have no plans whatsoever to join in on the ScriptCraft diaspora. Furthermore, knowing my roll, I am sure to be an asset (not a liability) when it comes down to serious raiding and progression. Moreover, my schedule works with your raid times and I plan on being available and ready for Raid Times. Additionally, I have the pattern for Flask of Distilled Wisdom and many many herb mats to produce (and plan on supplying to guild) both that Flask, major mana potions, major healing, elixir of greater intellect, and arcane elixers.

Is there anybody in the guild who would be willing to vouch for you?
I'm friends IRL with Nubre and have spent a lot of time grouping with him. I've spent time grouping with other members of Clutch as well, although off the top of my head I can really only name Myskillkills.

What hours are you able to play?
I can make all EU raid times.

Is there anything that could impede on your availability to raid (sports, vacations...)?
I plan on being available for Raid Times, however, I graduated lawschool this spring and currently work as a law clerk at a law firm, which can be demanding. However, I do not believe this will prevent me from making Raid Times.

Have you read and understood all the guild rules?
The dingo is frisky

(I apologize for needing to make this edit, I normally reserve my close reading skills for legal analysis).

Sirathis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Accepted]Safety (frost mage)

Post  Sindrac on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Accepted. Whisper me in game.
Sindrac
Dookiebro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum